ASTM Academy is an online education platform imparting world class e-learning experience in safety and security to students and corporate professionals.
ASTM Academy (“We”) respects the privacy of individual / visitor and is committed to take reasonable precautions to protect information consisting of Personal information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information (SPDI) (“Information”) of visitors of Website and comply with all legal, regulatory and / or contractual obligations related to privacy.
This Policy covers the processing, storage and access to Information as required under lawful and / or contractual activities with ASTM Academy or otherwise required in the normal course of business. It describes ASTM Academy’s policies and procedures on the collection, usage and disclosure of Information provided / received by natural persons.
This Policy applies to all visitors of the Website.
- Information covered by this Policy
This Policy applies to Information collected and processed by ASTM Academy consisting of following:
2.1 Personal information is information related to a visitor, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow him to be identified. Personal information may consist of full name, personal contact numbers, residential address, email address, gender or date of birth. While information such as date of birth in isolation may not be enough to uniquely identify the visitor, a combination of full name and date of birth may be sufficient to do so.
2.2 Sensitive Personal Data or Information (SPDI) is such personal information that is collected, received, stored, transmitted or processed by ASTM Academy, consisting of:
- Financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- Any detail relating to the above personal information categories as provided to ASTM Academy for providing service; and
- Any of the information received under above personal information categories by ASTM Academy for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
Please note that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal information.
ASTM Academy shall collect and use Information for legitimate business purposes in order:
- that a visitor may download course information, order products and take advantage of certain other features of the Website;
- to provide information or interactive services through this Website, to the visitor’s e-mail address or, where the visitor wishes it to be sent by post, to the visitor’s postal address;
- to seek the visitor’s feedback or to contact the visitor in relation to the services offered on Website;
- to process orders or applications submitted by the visitor;
- to administer or otherwise carry out ASTM Academy’s obligations in relation to any agreement that the visitor may have with ASTM Academy;
- to create courses, products or services that may meet the visitor’s needs;
- to process and respond to requests, improve ASTM Academy’s operations, and communicate with visitor/s about ASTM Academy’s courses, products, services and businesses; and
- to allow the visitor to subscribe to ASTM Academy’s news alerts.
- Collection of Information
Only minimum Information required to meet the purposes mentioned in this Policy shall be collected from the visitor/s. Neither ASTM Academy nor its representatives shall be responsible for the authenticity of such Information provided by the visitor/s. As normal business practice, ASTM Academy may collect Information in order to enable the secure online authentication, interaction and transaction with natural persons. This may include the installation of cookies and the collection of other session data.
- Consequences of not providing Information
If you choose not to provide your Information that is mandatory to process your request, ASTM Academy may not be able to provide the corresponding service.
- Access, Correction, Objection of visitor Information
Any modifications / corrections required to the Information can be carried out on the Website. In the event the visitor is unable to do so due to lack of functionality in the Website and / or the visitor wants to withdraw his / her consent to provide SPDI, he / she may contact the email id provided in Clause 9 of this Policy.
- Retention, Processing and Storage of Information
7.1 ASTM Academy shall retain Information for only as long as necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements or for legitimate business purposes as mentioned in this Policy.
7.2 ASTM Academy adopts reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures including administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard visitor Information.
- Disclosure of Information
8.1 ASTM Academy shall not use or disclose Information for purposes other than as mentioned in this Policy, except with the consent of visitor providing such Information or as required by law. However, ASTM Academy may be legally required to disclose the Information in the following cases:
- Where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation;
- Where mandated under the law by government agencies to disclose such Information.
8.2 Where necessary, ASTM Academy may disclose Information to business partners or third parties during the normal course of business for the purposes mentioned in this Policy. In such cases, ASTM Academy will only share Information related data when ASTM Academy is assured that:
- The Information is processed legitimately and appropriately by the business partner or third party in line with the established consent or in line with legal requirements.
- The business partner or third party has adopted a reasonable and equivalent level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of the Information shared.
- Feedback or Concern
For feedback or concern, if any, kindly contact:
Email Id: email@example.com
ASTM Academy send cookies (small files containing a string of characters) to your computer, thereby uniquely identifying your browser. Cookies are used to track your preferences, help you login faster, and aggregated to determine user trends. This data is used to improve our offerings, such as providing more content in areas of greater interest to a majority of users. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Some of our features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
ASTM Academy may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve our customized content. Clicking on links may take you to sites outside our domain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies solely to information collected by our Website.
We may alert you by email or phone (through SMS/call) to inform you about new service offerings or other information which we feel might be useful for you.
- Public Forums
When you use certain features on our Website like the discussion forums and you post or share your personal information such as comments, messages, files, photos, will be available to all users, and will be in the public domain. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting on our forums this information may become publicly available.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Information we process and maintain. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
- User Data Retention
Presently, we plan to retain user data while an account is active and for at least five years afterward. We may alter this practice according to legal and business requirements. For example, we may lengthen the retention period for some data if needed to comply with law or voluntary codes of conduct. Unless otherwise prohibited, we may shorten the retention period for some types of data if needed to free up storage space.
- Log information
When you access the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communication
When you send an email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Amendment to this Policy
ASTM Academy may change the data privacy practices and update this Policy as and when the need arises, and the same will be made available on the website. ASTM Academy’s commitment to protect the privacy of website visitor will continue to remain.